Millswood overhead path
Here’s an update on the new overhead cycle/pedestrian path over Goodwood Road, adjacent to Millswood Railway Station.
- The path was closed for a few weeks to replace the concrete inserts. The old ones were decaying and dropping bits on the passing traffic.
- Since re-opening it has regained its popularity. There is a huge amount of people who regularly use this crossing. (How else do you cross Goodwood Road in this vicinity?)
- Good news for the ratepayers – the actual repair bill (of $74k) was half that expected.
- As promised, the Department of Transport will fund 50% of the expense.
- Also, the Department of Transport has accepted responsibility for future maintenance.
Now, all we need is for Millswood Station to re-open.This is expected in 2 months. I have been lobbying for the re-opening prior to the last State Election.