Most people can knock up scrambled eggs pretty quickly.
Unfortunately, in most cases the result is not that flash.
Most attempts use too much milk and over cook the eggs.
Here’s how to cook absolutely perfect scrambled eggs.
Basic instructions are:
1) Never add salt to the whisked egg mix. It gives the eggs a tough texture. Add it later when on the plate.
2) Use low heat and fold the eggs. Don’t use high heat and stir the eggs.
3) Add a couple of teaspoons of cream. This makes the mix soft, fluffy and have a more moist feel.
Here are more detailed instructions:
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 1
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Cream (add a bit more if it's your birthday)
- 1 Teaspoon Butter
- Salt and Pepper (add the salt when cooked)
- Maybe some dill to garnish
- Why not some pan fried tomatoes or mushrooms on the side?
- Toasted Bread (of course)
- In a separate pan start cooking tomatoes, mushrooms etc. - whatever you fancy.
- Break the eggs into a bowl. Whisk until the eggs are fully aerated and there is a nice yellow colour - takes about 2 minutes.
- Add the butter and cream and whisk for about 2-3 minutes.
- Melt a generous knob of butter in a frying pan (prefer non stick) over a low heat.
- Pour eggs into the pan and allow to settle – say for 10 seconds.
- Immediately start to fold eggs with a wooden or teflon spoon - do not stir, fold only - until the eggs start to set. Using a low heat, this will take around 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat when the eggs look just right – not quite set.
- Wait another 15 seconds.
- Gently lift the eggs onto the plate and add garnish, seasoning and other stuff.