Council Meeting 11 March 2014
Local Traffic Management Plan (LATM) for Black Forest
- Council approved this plan in a revised state.
- Decisions on Byron Road and Canterbury Terrace will come before Council at a future date.
- Importantly, work will commence soon on recommendations in the plan.
- I disagreed strongly with the belief that after the election (next week) we will be immediately informed by the new Government of proposed changes to exit/entry to locals streets to/from South Road. I doubt that there will be any changes to access to/from South Road.
- I suspect that the 2 major recommendations (for Canterbury and Byron) will take months to resolve.
- This will result in Council inspecting all new swimming pools and spas to ensure compliance with safety standards.
- A great outcome that will hopefully reduce toddler deaths in backyard pools. Any death is unacceptable!
- Ensures that Council has a policy in place to manage incidents of fraud and corruption; and importantly to prevent incidents.
- This was basically a cosmetic change to ensure compliance with a legislative change
- With Council elections later this year, it was timely to update this policy.
- There was no significant change.
- It was pleasing see how many projects have been completed.
- An excellent and easy to read report.
- With new systems in place the generation of these reports will be quicker and easier.
- This a standard regular procedure to ensure that confidentiality does not remain in place unnecessarily.